If you are working with pieces of jewelry, you need to work with stones, pearls, metals, wood, and what not! And in doing so, adding the different pieces is difficult. To add the bits, you might need the right adhesive for them. But it’s not easy to pick up one adhesive that works for all.
To ensure that accuracy, durability, precision, application method, and drying time, you have to go through all the glues and select one. However, it is not possible to try all of them to know which one’s ideal. Don’t worry; for your convenience, we have tried them all and made a list of the best!
Today, we will talk about the hot favorite glues that are loved by the DIY-lovers and crafters. Let’s check them out and get the one that fits all your requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Glue for Jewelry
- 1.1 2. Aleene’s 21709 Jewelry & Metal Instant Adhesive
- 1.2 3. G-S Hypo Cement
- 1.3 4. UV Resin Hard Glue
- 1.4 5. MMOBIEL B-7000 Semi Fluid Glue
- 1.5 6. Aleens Jewel-It Embellishing Glue
- 1.6 7. G S Hypo XTL-1001 Adhesive
- 1.7 8. E6000 Jewelry
- 1.8 9. Super New Glue
- 1.9 10. Aleene’s 94830 Jewelry & Metal Glue
- 1.10 What You Need to Know about Jewelry Adhesive
- 1.11 Instant Glue
- 1.12 Jewelers Cement
- 1.13 Epoxy
- 1.14 All-Purpose Contact Adhesive
- 1.15 Tips for Using Ornament Adhesive
- 1.16 How to remove glue from jewelry?
- 1.17 Frequently Asked Questions on Glue for Jewelry
- 1.18 1. Can you use superglue to fix jewelry?
- 1.19 2. Is Gorilla Glue good for jewelry?
- 1.20 How to choose the right Jewelry Glue
- 2 The Bottom Line
The Best Glue for Jewelry
Here is our short listed glue:
- E6000 1-Ounce Jewelry and Bead Adhesive
- Aleene’s 21709 Jewelry & Metal Instant Adhesive
- Aleene’s 94830 Jewelry & Metal Glue
- G-S Hypo Cement Glue
- MMOBIEL B-7000 Semi Fluid Glue
- Aleens Jewel-It Embellishing Glue
E600 is specially designed adhesive as jewelry adhesive and so, the work it does is perfect for almost doing all sorts of ornament-work. It is loved by the users because of the five pieces of wood handle dotting tools designed for different work.
From blending, marbling swirls to nail art, clay, sculpting, and rhinestones; you can use the glue for almost every precise job. After application, the jewelry can be washed too.
It dries down clear keeping no additional mark of the adhesive. The other four tips will help with the accurate-positioning of the solution.
- Dotting tips of different design added
- Specifically designed for jewelry and bead
- Precision and accuracy maintained
- Slightly bad odor added
The instant adhesive for ornaments by Aleena’s can work on beads, stones, gems, mirrors, and metals. The no-drip formula ensures complete control over the glue. The solvent dries fast, clear, and great for repair works. After using the adhesive on jewelry, it will not come off while using water as it is waterproof. The product is famous for its strong-permanent bond.
- Specially designed for accessories for jewelry
- Completely waterproof
- Has no-drip application formula
- Tube top sticks after using
G-S Hype glue is here because of its ability to make strong and durable bonds. The applicator works with precision while adding stones to the ornaments.
For neatly attaching the beads and pearls, it can be one of the most amazing glue. In sewing jewelry or other art and crafts, it can ensure accuracy.
However, the adhesive has the capability of not glues the fingers while using!
- Neatly attached beads and pearls
- Precision and accuracy is ensured
- Keeps away finger-sticking
- Takes time to dry
The UV Resin hard glue doesn’t take much time for curing and comes ready-to-use. In attaching pearls and beads, the glassy and crystal clear finish gives a good looking appearance.
As the glue is multi-purpose, using it for casting and coating to garment and decoration work is very common. The construction material of the solvent is non-toxic and safe to use every day.
When it comes out, there are no bubbles. For the larger piece, thin layers are enough for jewelry and such products.
- A thin layer is enough for large pieces
- Takes less time to dry
- Comes out clear, without bubbles
- Has a very bad odor
Being a semi-fluid adhesive, the MMOBIEL can attach jewelry accessories including gems, pearls, opals, and other objects.
In a word, the solvent is a multi-purpose one and provides the ultimate durability. A small dap is enough for adding ornamenting stones; it hardens the place fast.
The product is available in three different sizes, so, it is also effortless to pick up one according to the usage.
- Different sizes available in clear color
- A little goes a long way
- Multi-purpose adhesive for all types of material
- Easy removal process
- Requires a small amount, otherwise thickens too much
The clear glue by Aleene’s Store is for creating a permanent bond among jewels and accents. After application, the drying time is very short and within seconds, the jewelry is usable.
It dries down clear; no mark of the adhesive is visible. Hard-to-hold items can be glued with it. The product comes with 4 oz. the amount and great for small projects.
- Sets faster and dries in minutes
- No visible adhesive marks
- Designed for permanent bond; can be washed
- Too much use can create gummy space
G S Hype is great from plastic repair to ceramic adhesive but it works great on jewelry. The easy application process makes the process quicker. It creates a very strong bond even in the narrow area with the fine applicator.
The solution is designed to work with precision and will also work with gemstones for different accessories. G S Hypo doesn’t hurt the bottom part of the pearl or stone when it comes off. There is no clogging or drying out after application.
- Never dries out, doesn’t clog
- Narrow tip, precise application
- Creates durable bond
- Tough to close the tube
- Needs proficiency while squeezing
Manufactured in the United States of America, this is not your ordinary jewelry and Bead adhesive.
Making it unique is its tip set. Normally, glues come attached with one tip or nothing at all. In this case however, things are different and in an advantageous way.
This is because E6000 comes with not only one tip with a total of four tips. Here are a few other things to love about this adhesive:
- Simple to use
- Forms a robust and durable bond
- Provides smooth finishing
- Not perfect of indoor use due to its very strong odor and Non-Toxic nature
Completing our list is the EURO Tool Super New Glue.However, this does not come as a surprise because of the features the glue possesses. Some of these features are as detailed below:
Unique gluing formula:The adhesive has a formula that is very outstanding. It is this formula that allows the glue to retain its bond even under extreme conditions.
Quick Setting:Based on what users have said so far and our experience with the glue, this glue will do wonders on those urgent products. It takes a very short time to set and even shorter time to dry which means you can work on a jewelry project and enjoy wearing it the same day.
Strong:It has a a high adhesion power and the glue is very strong.
Multipurpose:The main purpose of this glue is jewelry crafting. However, the adhesive is not specific to performing this task alone. It is also applicable to other type of projects
- Very simple to use as it has a nozzle applicator
- Strong and permanent bond
- Dries within the shortest time possible
- Withstands any type of weather
10. Aleene’s 94830 Jewelry & Metal Glue
What You Need to Know about Jewelry Adhesive
Instant adhesives are used for low-key applications like adding beads on vertical space. Aleena’s Instant adhesive is invisible in color and comes with a thin consistency.
The drying time of the adhesive is very short and it can attach the objects faster than the other solvents. Using instant glue at the end of the wire or cord is also very common.
In gluing high-powered jewelry, cement is considered one of the bests. Among the cement, users love G-S Hypo Cement Glue. It is famous for its fast drying time. The adhesive ensures precision in the application and is designed for small beads and embellishments.
The fine detail works that require adding small stones need jewelers cement.For securing cord ends to knots and appliques, it is highly famous.
Out of all the Epoxy adhesives, for the sturdiest bond, UV Resin adhesive is ideal. The solvent can attach beads, stones, and gems in seconds.
It is a popular adhesive for jewelry.For bonding beads to metal along with the gemstones, you need a heavy-duty adhesive and the UV Resin is such a kind of adhesive.
This solvent is multi-purpose and provides a very solid bond between the materials. While the solvent is also great for casting hobby parts and knobs!
All-Purpose Contact Adhesive
Multi-purpose glue is an All-Purpose contact adhesive. Best Well-known glue is E6000 to the crafters and the DIY jewelry makers.
The glue is designed for jewelry and leather. Besides, using the adhesive on plastics, canvas, and glass is also popular among the crafters.
This is water-resistant and can be used on jewelry that will go through water such as finger rings. If you plan to make ornaments with wood or anything that needs painting, this adhesive can tolerate it. The high flexibility of the product makes it ideal for accessories that need more body movement.
For diamonds and pearls most uses glue is MMOBILE B-7000 Semi Fluid.The product can add the object and makes it more stiff immediately even if it has a semi-fluid formula.
Tips for Using Ornament Adhesive
- Used glue needs to be water resistant.
- The pieces of jewelry that require frequent movement needs flexible adhesive
- Most of the ornament adhesives are clear in color in the market ; however, check the color before you buy because colorful glue can ruin the accessory
- These are used on adding them to fabric for this solvent must be washable and waterproof during gluing.
How to remove glue from jewelry?
Scraping and Wiping Method
- First step is scraping When the glue dries down. Use a beading awl or manicure stick. Any sharp and precise object can be used for the process. If you notice is when it is not dried yet, you can wipe the product with a clean cloth.
Soapy Water Method
- Some adhesives are on stone surfaces. Price tags are often added to the jewelry body or the other components. For removing such adhesive marks, get warm water and mix soap with it. Put the component inside the soapy water. Soak it for a while and dry it.
Polishing Cloth Method
- When you already have taken off the glue, use a polishing cloth to remove the leftover. Handcrafted jewelry needs polishing cloth. Take off the residue that is left after the removal of the gems and stones.
- Acetone can remove glue from ornaments and skin. Take a cotton swab and dip it inside acetone. Do not take too much. Now, use it for removing glue from small spaces or your skin. It will dissolve the bond and help you remove it. Nail polish remover containing acetone can help you out too.
Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol Method
Most of the cases used rubbing alcohol for removing glue from gold,silver or gold plated.Isopropyl alcohol can be used on most of the gemstones and stainless steel ornaments. Do not use it on opals and pearls. Fill a bowl with rubbing alcohol and soak the jewelry inside it. Let it stay for some hours and remove the glue with a soft cloth!
Frequently Asked Questions on Glue for Jewelry
1. Can you use superglue to fix jewelry?
When you plant to go for an easy fix for broken jewelry, the superglue method is our all-time favorite. Additionally, it is cost-effective in situations when you don’t have other solutions available.
2. Is Gorilla Glue good for jewelry?
Yes, Gorilla Glue is amazing for jewelry only if you select the right Gorilla adhesive. It is very commonly found in the toolboxes of every house and provides you an easy fix for your jewelry too. The product works on every type of object. Also, for adding stones, gems, pearls, or opals, you can unquestionably use Gorilla glue. Gather the pieces of ornaments and add a slight amount of glue in between them. For removing it, nail polish remover or acetone is enough!
How to choose the right Jewelry Glue
The Bottom Line
Now you know how to deal with the jewelry glue without messing up the pieces! All you need to do is get the right one from the crowd to craft new accessories and fix the old ones!
Comment below which one you loved the most! Tell us your secret easy fix for bringing back life to the broken ornament.