Fake nails are a fashion trend, especially for women. They use different shapes and colors of fake nails to design their fingers. These fake nails are attached with glue. During a change of the fake nails you have to remove the old nails. You need to go to a salon to remove them. But if you have knowledge of how to remove nail glue, you can do it in your home.
Here we will talk about how to remove nail glue. We will discuss here the different methods of removing the nail glue. These are:
- Without Acetone
- With an Acetone Soak
- Treating the Nails
Fake Nails can be Removed without Acetone
Just follow the steps carefully to remove the nail glue as every step has some special value. Here are the steps-
- Use warm and soapy water
- Soften the glue and pry it off
- Use a nail buffer
- Take off the remaining glue
Use Warm and Soapy Water
Use warm and soapy water for soaking your nails. Keep them in for 15 minutes so the soapy warm water can do their job.
- Take a bowl or pot for making the warm and soapy water. In this case, you can use hand soap which is easier to get.
- Then place your fingers into the soaking condition so the nail glue can get the wet.
- Keep your glue affected nails in the solution for 15 minutes total, as this time is required for softening the glue.
Softening the Nail Glue and Prying it Off
Pry off your false nails very gently. But before this you must make them soft and then apply this method. It is also an easy way to remove the glue.
- Find a spot on the nails where you can start pulling off the false nails. Sometimes the nails naturally start to detach from your real nails.
- You can start to pry off from the detaching point. If nothing happens then start from the tipping point of the nail right at the edge of the nail. That also loosens the fake nail part.
- Don’t try to do it roughly. If nothing is happening like described above, try softening the nail glue with soapy water first as described earlier, as this can loosen up the nail glue and make it easier to pry them off.
- Follow all the instructions for removing the nail glue from the false nails. Don’t apply this method if your nails are dry, as that may damage real nails.
Use a Nail Buffer
Use a nail buffer when you take off the false nails. That is helpful for your nail and also for properly removing the nail glue.
- A buffer is used to buff away the glue. In this case, you can use the “buff” side of the nail buffer.
- After cleaning the remaining glue off, use powder with water and rinse your nails properly to clean them off.
- After that, you can try the “shine” part of the buffer to polish your nails and get more reflection from your real nails.
Take Off Remaining Glue
If you can’t remove any remaining glue properly, you can use acetone for doing this task. You just need a cotton ball and some acetone for doing this.
- Soak the cotton ball with some acetone and rub it onto each fingernail. In this way, you can remove all of the residual glue.
- Then properly clean your nails with fresh water and soap to get off any remaining acetone. After that use some moisturizer or cuticle oil on your nails.
Fake Nails can be removed with an Acetone Soak
False nails can also be removed with acetone. Acetone is a harsh type of chemical that can cause damage, but it does work very effectively and quickly. Here are the steps for removing nail glue with an acetone soak.
- Trim the fake nails down
- Remove the glossy surface
- Wipe off the dirt
- Use some petroleum jelly
- Wrap nails with an acetone soak
- Use aluminum foil
- Clean foils and pads
- Use a tea towel
- Remove excess glue and paint
Here are the steps in more detail. Be sure to follow all the instructions carefully and be patient as you do each of the steps.
Trimming the Fake Nails Down
Acrylic or false nails are made in such a way so they can easily stick onto the natural nails with nail glue. Trimming is needed to get the appropriate size and shape that’s helpful when removing the nail glue.
- Use nail scissors and clippers for trimming the fake nails. You can cut off the extra length or shape, but it is risky. The acrylic nails may break down than better if you use nail scissors.
- Then use some type of dissolving materials to remove the nail glue. Due to removing the extra nail length with the scissors or clippers, you will need less of the nail glue dissolving materials.
- Be sure not to cut your nail bed when trimming off the excess fake nail length, as this would be quite painful.
- This process should only be used for acrylic nail or false nails. And you should use SNS (dipping powder nails).
Remove the Glossy Surface
Before removing nail glue it is urgent to remove the shiny part of the fake or acrylic nail. In this situation, you can use a nail file to remove the shiny part.
- Rub the nail file back and forth to complete this task. Continue until you have removed all the glue or until it looks like a matte surface.
- This is a very effective way to remove nail glue. By following this method you will reach your goal very quickly.
- Be attentive when you see part of your natural nail starts to appear. Stop the filing quickly or it can damage your natural nails.
Wipe Off the Dirt
Due to the use of a nail file to remove the glossy surface, it can make your nails or fingers get dirty. So, clean your nails.
- You can use a clean soft cotton cloth instead of microfiber cloth. A microfiber cloth is expensive but it is very effective.
Use Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is an essential cosmetic element and it keeps our skin soft and shiny. Use petroleum jelly around the nail part.
- Acetone is an acid. Though we use only a small amount it has some negative effects on the nails. So, use petroleum jelly to avoid this risk, and to make your skin soft.
Use petroleum jelly on the lower and side portions of the nails.
Wrap with an Acetone Soak
You take acetone with a dripper bottle and then squeeze it, and apply to cotton pads. Instead of this, you can buy a regular bottle and pour some of it into a small bowl first.
- Dip the cotton pads into the acetone to soak the cotton pads. Then place one onto each nail.
- Cotton balls may be use instead of cotton pads. Both are very common and can be bought from nearby pharmacies.
- Your skin may be very sensitive to acetone use, so it is better if you use nail polish remover that contains acetone.
- Do all of the tasks in a well-ventilated place or room. Using a mask is a good thing because the fumes from acetone also have a toxic reaction.
Use Aluminum Foil
Tear off 1-inch × 2 inches or 2.5 cm × 5.1 cm pieces of aluminum foil. Place the acetone soaked cotton pads in place on your nails and wrap the nails with the pieces of foil.
- Acetone may evaporate so this aluminum foil can sort out this risk. Aluminum foil gets moisture and warmth, which is very helpful and it speeds up the removal process of the nail glue.
- Try it one hand at a time for both the hands. Repeat this process on the other hand after completing it on the first hand.
- If you try both hands at once, you must get help from your friends. So, it is safer to do it by working on one hand at a time.
Clean Foil and Pads
Use pads and foil by complying with the following times. Excess and less time both are not preferred. Excess can cause damage and less may do not do the job.
- After 20 minutes take off the foil and pads. Before you take them off make sure that the nail glue already dissolved and the acrylic nail is coming off.
- If this is not successful and it feels like the nail glue is still present in the previous condition, try it for 15 minutes more.
- Clean the pads and foil and put in the dustbin very carefully. If it somehow thet are put onto any wooden surface, it may cause damage and discolor that place.
Use a Tea Towel
Dissolved residue must be cleaned up as soon as possible. In this case, you can use a kitchen towel for doing this job.
- Use a clean kitchen or tea towel with proper pressure to properly remove the dissolving materials.
- But stop if you feel pain or are hurting your natural nails. Repeat or replace the acetone soaked cotton ball if the false nail does not come off.
Remove Excess Glue and Paint
Clean off the excess glue. If not, the glue may get dry. Then you would need to follow all the tasks or steps again.
- Press the removal materials firmly onto the nails so any remnants or parts of the nail glue have been removed.
- You can use a nail file on your natural nails, which can be bought at a pharmacy. Many people also know the nail file as the nail buffer.
Treat the Nails
Treat your nails properly and carefully at the time you use false nails. False nails are attached to the nails and when you remove the false part; it needs to be properly cleaned. You should follow the subsequent steps to complete this process.
- Use soap and warm water
- Use natural skin oil
- Give it a breather
Use Soap and Warm Water
Acetone is an acid which is not good for skin or nails. If you use it to get rid of nail glue, you should clean your nails as soon as possible afterward so your nails won’t be damaged.
- After using acetone some acetone may be left. That will dry out your skin and cause problems, so you must make certain to wash your nails after using it with warm water and natural soap as soon as possible.
Use Natural Skin Oil
Removing nail glue is a process that can cause your nails to dry out. You can use natural skin oil to get moisturize back into your hands.
- Natural skin oil has no bad side effects. It’s safe for skin and for the nails. After removing nail glue you should rub in some natural skin oil.
- You can use almond oil, olive oil, and other oils on your nails and cuticles. Buy oil from a pharmacy or a beauty shop. During buying try to buy it from a trusted shop to avoid any fake samples.
Give it a Breather
Bith women and men are now going to the salon to get a manicure and pedicure. If you get false nails at the time of a manicure you need to give your hands a break or breather in between usage. That will help your skin and natural nails stay healthy.
- Take a break for a week every 8 weeks so your natural nails can recover after removing the false nails.
- Try to avoid nail glue as much as you can. Every time you use nail glue and then remove it, the process is not good for your skin or nails.
How to Remove Nail Glue from Skin
Acrylic or fake nails are attached to the natural nails with nail glue. That has a negative impact because if it falls somehow on your skin area it may create irritation or more complications. In the glue removing process skin is also affected if you use acetone directly on it.
Acetone is good for removing the nail glue both from the nail or skin. Some other ways to remove the nail glue from skin include:
- Use nail polish remover
- Petroleum jelly
- Soap and water
- Hand lotion
All of the above ways of removing nail glue from the skin are very effective. You can follow any one according to your materials arrangement. If one method fails, then try another method very carefully.
Use Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish remover is a very common cosmetic element for women. Otherwise, you can buy it from a beauty shop or a store very easily. You also will need need cotton swabs and a toothbrush. Now follow these steps to complete the method properly.
- Acetone may dry very quickly so be sure to use a soaked cotton swab. Insert the cotton swab into the nail polish remover. Bring the swab from the remover when it is completely soaked.
- Put the swab onto the affected skin area and keep it there until the glue starts to dissolve. Don’t put it off before the glue is dissolved properly.
- A clean toothbrush is very helpful for rubbing off the glue. Rub gently till the glue is removed.
- After you have removed all the glue, use hand lotion to replenish the moisture in your hands.
Use Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum is found in most woman’s bags and this is also very effective for removing nail glue from skin without any harm. Essential elements to continue this task are petroleum jelly, soap, water, and hand lotion.
- Use a sufficient amount of petroleum jelly on the affected area of your skin. If you use more it has no residual effect.
- Rub the area in a circular motion clockwise or anti-clockwise. Dried nail glue will soften when you apply it.
- After completing the loosening process remove the petroleum jelly residue. For complete residue removal you can wash your hands with soap and water.
- Supply moisture for your hands after removing the process. It is necessary because your skin needs mositure.
Apply Soap and Water
If you get to it fast, you can try soap and water for getting your skin free from nail glue. For doing this you need a bowl, soap, water and hand lotion.
- Take a bowl full of lukewarm water and add some soap. Lukewarm works better than normal temperature water.
- It is better you dip your affected area into the bowl. If you can do it, it works fast. Soak in this mixture for several minutes.
- Depending on the nail glue thickness or nail glue type, it may take 10 to 40 minutes. Keep soaking until the glue dissolves.
- When you get confirmation the glue is dissolved peel it gently from your skin. Then use a moisturizing cream to keep in the moisture.
Use Hand Lotion
Hand lotion is also a removal agent for nail glue. You can apply it easily. Hand lotion, soap and water are needed for starting this job.
- Buy some hand lotion to start the process. Apply it in a circular motion onto the affected skin area properly. This helps the glue to loosen up quickly.
- When you feel that the nail glue starts to dissolve, then stop rubbing.
- After the glue has completely dissovlved, wash your hands properly with soap and water. Any remaining glue also gets washed off when you apply the soap and water.
- Use hand cream or moisturizing cream to keep the moisture in your hands. Moisture makes the hands soft and restores the skin.
We have completed explaining all the possible ways of removing nail glue from the skin. All are effective and materials are easily available. Now, when you are affected by such type of problem, you can just follow this article.
Due to the use of acrylic nails, you need to use nail glue. But when you take off the false nails, it is sometimes a tough task to remove the nail glue extract. Here we present how to remove nail glue and how to remove nail glue from skin.
Nail glue chemicals are hard on the skin and can cause a dry condition. However, acetone is the first and rapid choice for removing the nail glue. Before applying acetone you should follow the safety tips in this article, because it is also an acid.