Gorilla glue is a branded liquid glue. This glue is very powerful. The glue is waterproof and temperature resistant. This glue provides an invisible finishing.
You can use it on stone, metal, ceramics, wood, glass, foam and so on. This glue is the perfect choice for building repairs and household projects. Gorilla glue is paintable, sandable and stainable. You have to be careful when you are working with this.
The problem starts when you make an accident while working. The glue may spread on your working surface, cloth or hand. It might be a big problem for you.
There are some effective solutions to remove gorilla glue. Solutions may differ as per your surface material. Below we will describe to you about how to remove gorilla glue from different surfaces.
Removing gorilla glue from surfaces and skin is not less than a challenge. Before starting the removing process try to moisten the glue.
This will help you to remove glue easily. You can moisten the glue with citrus, acetone or water. Then try to peel of the wet glue with a toothbrush or blunt object.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Skin
- Make soapy water to loosen the glue. Take a bowl and mix 14.8 ml dish cleaner with 475ml warm water in it. Pour the soapy water in the affected area and leave it for 5 minutes. Follow the same procedure at least twice.
- Apply citrus juice or lemon on the affected area. A few drops of citrus or half of a lemon will be enough for this. If you use lemon, then just cut the lemon and rub it directly on the skin. After using the citrus or lemon, wait for five minutes. Some of the glue will melt or wash away with citric acid.
- Soak a cotton ball or a cotton swab in nail polish remover that contains acetone. Dab the affected area with the cotton ball for 10 minutes. After the mentioned time, again wash your skin with warm soapy water.
- Rub pumice stone on your glued skin. Rub the stone back and forth on your skin. Provide pressure carefully. Provide enough pressure to remove the glue but not as much that can harm or tear your skin.
- Take one spoon of sugar and salt in a bowl. Add some water and mix them well. Apply the mixture on your affected skin and rub it. Wipe the broken crystal and apply again. This mixture creates a rough crystal, which will help you to remove the glue.
- Apply warm water on your skin. You can use olive oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil. Put the oil on heat for a few minutes. Use warm oil that do not burn your skin. Soak a cotton ball in the warm oil and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 5 minutes. If the glue does not dissolve yet, repeat the procedure again.
- Skin regrows and regenerates naturally. If the glue spot does not affect your skin extensively and it is not much painful then wait approximately for 5 or 6 days. The spot will be flake away within 6 days. Be conscious about cracking or breaking around your glued spot.
- Glue interrupt to moisture your skin. The combination of glue and chemicals makes your skin dry or flaky. Using baby oil or body lotion may moisture your skin.
- Do not pull the skin off immediately. Resist the natural tendency to pull on the skin. If a large portion of your body affected and you feel pain then immediately consult a doctor.
- Be careful while using citrus because any cut of your skin may affected with it.
- Your used nail polish should contain 100% acetone. Because this is the main element to remove the glue.
- You can use exfoliating gloves instead of pumice stone.
- You can also try cooking spray or lip gloss to loosen the glue. Do not heat them.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue From Cloth
- Let the glue dry first. When gorilla glue drop on your cloth does not hurry in wiping. Wet glue will spread all over your cloth and hard glue may stain on the cloth.
- Put the cloth on a hard surface and try to loosen the glue with your nail. Do it gently.
- Apply lemon or acetone on your cloth with a cotton ball. Leave it for 15 minutes. Repeat the process again if the glue does not soften much.
- After removing most glue, wash the fabric. If the glue affects in a small area then put some detergent powder on the stain and rub it with a toothbrush.
- After that wash the cloth and check properly weather, any stain still appears. Wash again to remove the stain completely.
- Let the cloth dry.
- You can dry clean your clothes.
- If you give your cloth for dry cleaning, give it to a professional one. To remove gorilla glue and remove the stain chemicals will require. The chemical has to safe for your clothes and the work needs a professional touch. So choose a good dry cleaner for the best result.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Plastic
- Put alcohol, acetone or mineral spirits on wet gorilla glue to moisten it.
- Use a chisel or razor knife to remove dry gorilla glue from hard plastic. This is not much difficult to do. You can also remove this with your nails. Removing glue with nails is the best option for soft plastic.
- Use a spray lubricant and a rough sponge. Spray lubricants on glue to weaken the glue and rub it with the sponge. Lubricant makes glue removal easy.
- After removing glue completely wipe it with a cloth.
- Follow the above-mentioned process or the next. Soak a cloth with warm soapy water and put it on the affected area.
- Wait for some hours.
- Spray the soapy water onto the cloth after a while. It will keep moistened the glue.
- After removing the cloth wipe it with a cloth if the glue has melted. If not then scrub the glue with a toothbrush gently.
- Your used acetone may melt the plastic. So be careful about using it and apply acetone on a small area to see the reaction.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Glass
- oak a cotton ball with acetone and dab the cotton ball on the glass. Acetone will loosen the glue. Leave it for some times.
- Check the glue with your fingernail weather this is soften enough. If this is not soft enough then repeat this process again.
- When the glue becomes soft wipe it with a soft cloth.
- Be careful while working with glass and do everything gently.
- Do not use rough cloth it may scratch on your glass.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue From Wood
- You can wipe away the wet gorilla glue with a paper towel or dry cloth from wood. Do it immediately before the glue dry.
- Dampen a paper towel with acetone. Alternatively, you can soak it on nail polish remover, which contains acetone.
- Use a razor knife or chisel to remove hard and large amounts of glue. Do it smoothly.
- After removing glue, rub the surface with grit sandpaper for a neat finishing. The sandpaper may erosion your wood. Be careful while using sandpaper.
- Take thinner paint on a cloth and rub it on the affected surface. It will help you to cover the glue spot.
- Use chisel or razor knife carefully otherwise your wooden furniture may damage.
- Use paint thinner carefully because it may damage the color of your furnish wood.
- Use chisel gently.
How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Metal
- Wipe wet gorilla glue with a cloth as much you can.
- Gently use the chisel to remove the glue.
- If the glue remains then use sandpaper to remove it.
- Put some acetone, thinner paint or rubbing alcohol in a cloth and rub it on your metal surface.
- Try to wipe the glue before it dry.
- You can use a heat gun for some metals. If any metal can take 215 degrees heat then you may use a torch to melt the glue.
Gorilla glue is a very strong glue. so removing this, is a challenge itself. We tried to inform effective ways about how to remove gorilla glue. Hope this information will help you. If gorilla glue infects on your eyes then rinse your eyes as soon as possible.
If you fail to rinse all the glue, it can stick your eyelids together. If it happens then consult a doctor immediately. Go for urgent medical treatment if you swallow or consume gorilla glue. If your two fingers stick together, do not try to separate them forcefully. Extra force may tear your skin. Soak your fingers in warm soapy water or leave it to separate naturally.