What is the best glue for rubber adhesion? This is a tough question but in this article, we are going to find answers to it. There are different types of rubbers and it makes sense to find a good rubber glue that bond strongly no matter the rubber type.
Finding the right rubber glue is not an easy task, especially if you are a first-timer. This is why our research is going to help you make a suitable choice. We have spent more than 48 hours researching the best glue for rubber. Read on as we review the 10 best types of glue for rubber materials.
10 Best Glue For Rubber-Reviews
1.Slime 1050 Rubber Cement
The glue is made easy to use. It comes in a convenient canister for easy application. There is a brush attached to the lid. With the brush applicator, the mess is drastically reduced to the barest minimum. Use the Slime glue with the Slime patches and plugs to do a complete repair of your car tyre tubes to avoid being stranded.
Slime 1050 Rubber Cement is suitable for the patching of car, bicycle, bike and wheelbarrow tyre tubes. Use it to patch inflatable beds and campers with ease. This is a great flat tyre prevention and repair cement. It is super easy to open and use.
The Slime cement dries clear. The glue can be stored for more than two years as long as you keep the lid tight to keep air out. This is a permanent glue for any rubber materials or surfaces. It is heatproof and waterproof. The glue is perfect for shoes with rubber soles.
• Perfect rubber glue – This glue is good for all types of rubbers. It gives a strong bond to rubber materials or surfaces.
• Ease of use – The Slime Cement is super easy to use with a built-in brush applicator that helps to reduce mess and waste.
• Waterproof – It is not affected by water after drying making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor uses. It is also heatproof.
• Complete repair – Do a complete repair to your tyre tubes with a combination of Slime patches and plugs along with the Slime Cement.
• Plastic hang tab – It comes with a plastic hanging tab for easy storage.
2. QuickHold 380722 Quick Drying Adhesive
The All-Purpose QuickHold Adhesive is made strong to withstand extreme weather conditions. This is an all-purpose adhesive that is 100% waterproof and airtight for solid adhesion.
It is completely sun-proof and won’t crack or crumble when exposed to the scorching sun. QuickHold 380722 is robustly designed to withstand extreme weather conditions.
The adhesive is perpetually flexible and adheres to tiles, glass, concrete, fibreglass, marble, steel, aluminium, plastics, bricks and metal.
• Fast-drying – This adhesive is like contact cement. So it dries fast in just a matter of minutes.
• Rubber to rubber – It is an extremely nice adhesive for the rubber to rubber adhesion.
• Multipurpose –The adhesive has multipurpose uses. It is not just for rubber adhesion but also suited for fibreglass, glass, concrete, tiles and other applications.
• Weather-resistant – It is unaffected by hot and cold weather conditions making it suitable for both external and internal uses.
• Flexible – Flexibility is one of the greatest advantages of this adhesive. It is permanently flexible even after curing.
• Easy to use
• Durable and flexible
• Fast curing
• It is not suited for some plastics.
3. EPIE904 - Elmer's Rubber Cement
If you are looking for a rubber adhesive that is easy to use for children of all ages, the Elmer’s Rubber Cement is your best choice. It comes in a shatter-resistant bottle for convenience.
The Elmer’s Rubber Cement has a brush-on applicator for easy use. With the brush-on applicator, getting the desired amount of coverage becomes very effortless thereby giving you a neat appearance.
It is a good adhesive for sticking photos, repairs, artwork and other cut-and-paste projects. This adhesive is photo-safe and acid-free.
Each application is smooth without wrinkles when dry. It dries clear, which means there won’t be any discolourations to your material or item.
Cleaning excess adhesive is easy without doing damage to the material. Elmer’s Rubber Cement provides permanent adhesion to items even when the glue is still wet. This is a must-have craft glue for home and craft purposes. It is effective and affordable. This is a great solution for adhering items temporarily and permanently.
• No wrinkles – This is a glue that does not leave the material looking wrinkled. The surface looks clean and neat after every application making it ideal for scrapbooks.
• Shatter-resistant bottle – The bottle is shatter-resistant making it difficult to break into pieces. Its bottle is made of plastic.
• Simple to use – The brush applicator makes application easy and hassle-free. This helps to minimize waste and controls the quantity to be applied, thereby giving you a precise application and reduce wastage.
• Easy repositioning – It allows you to reposition your work to have an accurate placement that is satisfactory before adhesion.
• Safe to use – Elmer’s Rubber Cement is safe to use for children of different ages.
• Prevents wrinkling
• Safe to use acid-free formula
• Permanent rubber cement
• Photo-safe and good for photo paper
• Easy to clean
• Strong smell
4. Pacer Tech SGM22-12 Original Super Glue
If you are looking for a glue that is inexpensive but with high strength, look no further than the Pacer Tech SGM22.
The glue instantly bonds metal, rubber, aluminium, ceramics, wood, leather, pottery, vinyl and most plastics. It is a glue that dries clear leaving your items without any discolourations. Curing is within 24 hours.
With a tensile strength of 2800 PSI, the glue will provide a strong bond that is durable and permanent.
The adhesive is perfect for the glueing of porous and non-porous materials. It is temperature and chemical-resistant. This solution can be used for vertical applications and gap-filling purposes making it ideal for pre-assembled and close-fitting parts. Application time takes just between 10 to 30 seconds.
Pacer Tech SGM22 works well on dirty and greasy surfaces overlooking the need to clean the surface. The gel is extremely easy to handle. Its application is stress-free, thus making the adhesive easy to use.
This glue does not get brittle or crack after drying. Just a small pea of glue gives you a strong, long-lasting bond. Get this glue for its strong bond, affordability and cost-effectiveness. It is a must-have in the home.
• Strong glue – Strong adhesion and permanent bond are what the Pacer Tech SGM22 provides. It glues instantly and dries fast.
• Affordable – If the cost of repairing damaged items is too expensive, do it yourself with the Pacer Tech SGM22 and save some money.
• Temperature-resistant – This glue is unaffected by cold or hot weather making it superb for both exterior and interior uses. It is also resistant to chemicals.
• Multipurpose – Made to handle a myriad of applications, the glue is ideal for rubber, vinyl, leather, ceramic, wood, plastics and many more.
• Transparent – The glue is clear when dry. So there is no fear that the colour of your item will change. It just blends well with your material.
• Bonds instantly
• Resistant to chemical and temperature
• Suited for different applications
• Inexpensive and sturdy
• Dries clear
• It can get messy
5. 3M Nitrile High Performance Rubber
This is a solvent-based adhesive that is versatile with an excellent performance. It is oil-resistant and heat-resistant. It is made with low viscosity for easy application.
The adhesive is mostly used to glue gaskets and most rubber materials. 3M Nitrile High-Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive dries fast and has an open bonding range that is between 10 to 15 minutes, giving you enough time to reposition and adjust without necessarily bogging down the work processes.
In extreme weather conditions, the adhesive continues to hold up where other adhesives failed, which makes it an inevitable adhesive for the bonding of neoprene, nitrile rubber, leather, vinyl, butyl and SBR rubber to metal and most plastics. It performs in temperatures of up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. The adhesive’s ability to form a strong and flexible bond makes it the top choice in harsh conditions. Keep it refrigerated to last for a long time.
• Recommended applications – The adhesive is recommended for different applications including gasket bonding, patching of rubber, repair of leather, bonding of fuel lines, fuel tanks and panels that are exposed to oil.
• Temperature-resistant – This adhesive can resist temperatures of up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Water-resistant – It is a nice adhesive for both internal and external uses since it is water and oil-resistant.
• Strong bond – A strong and durable bond is what this glue provides, thus making your items last a little bit more for you.
• Oil and water-resistant
• High bond strength
• Dries clear
• Bonds gaskets, rubber and other materials
6. StarbondKBL-500 Black Medium Thick
If you are looking for a black rubber glue that can be sanded and polished to a high gloss finish, this is your best bet. The StarbondKBL-500 is a flexible superglue made for rubber adhesion. Apart from rubber, the glue is also compatible with wood, metal, leather, ceramics, gemstones, carbon fibre, fibreglass, most plastics, rocks and minerals.
It dries in jet black to help hide imperfections. Use it to fill dark voids and accent specific areas in a project. This glue is made with impact and shock absorbing properties for effective performance.
The adhesive can expand and contract with its surrounding malleable environment when infiltrating pores, fractures and soft materials to avoid cracks.Starbond KBL-500 is mostly used to glue speakers and RC car tyres; do heavy-duty bonding, fill knots and voids.
It must be noted that the glue has an extended bonding time which is primarily due to added rubber compound. Bonding takes between 40 to 60 seconds. Bonding may take more time if a larger amount of the adhesive is applied.
In this case, it is advised to use the Starbond Accelerator for a faster drying time. The superglue has been lab-tested for superior performance.
• Excellent performance – The Starbond KBL-500 Adhesive is a high-performance industrial-grade adhesive. It is focused on impact and has great shock absorbing qualities.
• Longer shelf life – This glue has a superior shelf life. When it is well kept, the product can last for several years even in cold conditions.
• Extra supplies – For ease of use and convenience, the adhesive comes with applicator caps, clog-free stopper, empty 2-ounce bottles, easy dispensing yorker spout and a bag of micro-tips for precision.
• Multiple uses – The adhesive is suited for different uses such as adhering RC car tyres, repairing and the filling of cracks, speaker repair and many more.
• Dries jet black – It does not dry clear like other adhesives. The glue dries in a jet black colour to help cover imperfections in projects.
• Easy to use
• Fast bonding time
• It can be sanded and polished
• Expands and contracts
• No cracking after drying
• Potent smell
• Does not dry clear
7. 3M Black Super Weather-strip Adhesive
If you are looking for the ideal adhesive to bond rubber gaskets, look no further than the 3M Black Super Weather-strip Adhesive.
It can also be used to weather-strip to metal surfaces. The adhesive is flexible with a high strength to ensure a tight waterproof seal on different surfaces such as the car doors, trunks, sunroofs and others. It is a fast curing formula for holding weather-stripping in place.
This solution is resistant to heat, detergents, vibration and oils.
3M Black Super Weather-strip Adhesive is super easy to use. Curing is done just in about 24 hours. This is an adhesive that bonds permanently to different large surfaces such as rubber, gaskets, fabrics, seals and metals. It remains flexible after curing. This is the best glue for rubber to metal.
• Highly resistant – The adhesive is highly resistant to solvents and detergents to make your bond long-lasting.
• Temperature proof – It is unaffected by changes in temperature. This adhesive is capable of withstanding hot or cold weather.
• Versatile – 3M Black Super Weather-strip Adhesive can adhere to different surfaces including vinyl, metal, fabrics, rubber and many more.
• Fast curing – Curing takes less than 24 hours. After curing, the adhesive becomes tough enough to withstand the elements.
• Easy to use
• Strong formulation
• It is not good on canvas
8. Loctite Extra Time Control Super Glue 4-Gram
If you are looking for a super glue that dries clear without clamping, this is made for you. Locktite Extra Time Control Super Glue is a specially formulated instant rubber adhesive. It is capable of resisting impact, shock, vibration and extreme temperature.
This glue is ideal for different applications.Locktite Glue can withstand harsh conditions and the formula is safe for outdoor usage. The glue gives you ample time to align your project before bonding.
Its tube is easy to squeeze to give you maximum control and designed for airtight storage.It is recommended for costume jewellery, repairing figurines, toys, cameras, wiper blades, rubber seals and O-rings.
Other applications include fabric,all type rubber, cork, paper, chipboard, wood, cardboard and metal. The adhesive is also effective on plastic materials such as Plexiglas, polystyrene, polycarbonate and PVC. Locktite Super Glue remains the best glue for rubber to plastic.
• Precise bonding - The Locktite Glue is thick and user-friendly. It allows you to adjust and reposition your work to give you a precise bonding that is strong and permanent.
• Multipurpose – This glue can be used for a variety of applications. It can be used on surfaces such as leather, wood, metal, cork, cardboard, rubber, paper and most plastics.
• Control applicator – It comes with control applicator for easy and precise application. Squeeze both sides for easy dispensing.
• Dries clear –There is no fear of discolouration to your materials or items because the glue dries clear to match the colour of any materials.
• Temperature-resistant – High temperature is no match for the Locktite Super Glue. It can withstand tough temperature and weather conditions.
• Strong bond
• Shock-absorbing and impact-resistant
• Easy to use
• Offensive smell
9. Gorilla Super Glue with Brush & Nozzle Applicator
The Gorilla Super Glue offers you control and accuracy with the two-way dispensing methods. It features a precision tip nozzle and a nice bristle brush that gives users the upper hand to control the application of the glue.
This makes it ideal for different projects. Whether you use the brush or the nozzle, what you get is a smooth application without mess or smear.
The bristle brush provides control with less mess while the precision nozzle is made for quick and easy dispensing.
Gorilla Super Glue is specifically designed for long-lasting repairs. It dries in a matter of seconds. This glue is impact-resistant meaning it can stand up to wear and tear. To guarantee maximum reusability, the glue has an anti-clog cap with a metal pin inside to help ensure it is airtight.
Use it with ease on different materials such as plastic, metal, stone, fabric, paper, rubber and many more. Always protect the adhesive from the air. Close it each time after use. Do not leave the brush inside the glue to harden. Gorilla Super Glue is the best glue for rubber to wood.
• Fast-drying – Gorilla Super Glue is fast-setting and dries in less than one minute. It requires no clamping.
• Multipurpose – The glue is made for a variety of uses. It can be applied to wood, leather, rubber, plastic, metal, fabric, etc.
• Impact-resistant – This formulation is made with increased impact resistance and strength. It is designed to resist wear and tear to make adhesion durable.
• Ease of use – It comes with the two-way application of using either the brush or nozzle. Use brush or nozzle, the Gorilla is tough on many materials.
• Dries fast
• Strong and reliable bond
• Smooth and easy application
• It does not dry clear
• It fumes
10. New Goop 230022 E6000 Fresh 3.7oz Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive
The E6000 Fresh Industrial Strength adhesive is an industrial-strength rubber cement. It is 100% waterproof and dries clear.
No serious clamping is required. This adhesive is made to meet high-performance industrial requirements.
New Goop E6000 Adhesive is self-levelling and has a powerful bond with most materials. The adhesive remains flexible after curing. It is also non-flammable once cured.
• Waterproof – The adhesive is not only waterproof, but it is also water-resistant. After curing, there are no problems if it is submerged in saltwater.
• Chemical-resistant – It is safe to apply the adhesive to applications that are exposed to dilute acids and dilute caustics.
• Temperature-resistant – Once cured, the adhesive is unaffected by extreme cold or hot weather.
• Flexible – The solution remains flexible after curing making it perfect for the bonding of materials or items that are subject to vibration.
• Paintable – Easily paint surrounding areas of your material to make it UV-resistant.
• Powerful bond
• Ease of use
• Durable and reliable
Choosing the best glue for leather is a tough task if you are making a rubber adhesion for the first time. This buyer’s guide is made to help you make an informed choice.
Choosing the right rubber adhesive will depend on what you want to fasten or repair. But in all, you may eventually settle for something simple that will still get the job done at a minimal cost.
Here is what you need to consider before purchasing a rubber glue:
If you are working on a big project or you are a regular user of rubber adhesive, it makes sense to go for a bigger tube of rubber glue because it is cost-effective in the long run. But if you do little repairs once in a whole, a smaller tube will do.
Look for waterproof rubber adhesive. Except you just want glue for indoor use like for crafts, a waterproof glue will be the ideal for you.
Choose a glue that can withstand extreme weather conditions. You do not have to be afraid to step out when it is raining. A rubber that is unaffected by hot and cold weather conditions will increase the lifespan of your items or materials.
4. Setting time
This is a critical consideration when choosing a good rubber adhesive. There is no time to waste. You do not need to wait forever for your glue to set. You need a fast-setting glue. Check out the set time on the pack before you make a purchase. Whether the glue requires clamping or not, setting time matters.
Non-toxic adhesive is safe to use for children and adults. They do not produce a strong offensive smell. Toxic glue should be used outside where there is ventilation.
Look for a rubber adhesive that dries clear so that it can match properly not minding the colour of the material or item you are glueing.
Choosing a paintable rubber adhesive gives you the advantage of painting the material to your desired colour. This helps you to hide any imperfections that the project or material may have before the painting.
A rubber adhesive that is resistant to chemical will enhance the life of your items. Chemicals can do easy damage to your materials. Choosing a chemical-resistant glue is the way to go.
9.Ease of use
Look for a rubber adhesive that is easy to use. It either comes with a brush or an applicator. Any glue without a brush or an applicator should be avoided at all cost. A good rubber adhesive should be user-friendly
Mechanical issues are usual when bonding items. Look for a rubber adhesive that is shock-resistant and vibration-resistant. This helps the adhesion to last for a long time.
In the last 48 hours, we have been trying different glues with different surfaces that know which suits some materials better than the others. We have some recommendations to make to you based on this research that will help you make an informed choice.
While it is good to buy a multipurpose glue, it makes sense to be sure that the glue can meet your specific need. If you want a rubber glue for adhering rubber to wood, we recommend the Gorilla Super Glue with Brush and Nozzle Applicator.
The Locktite Super Glue is ideal for the rubber to plastic adhesion while the 3M Black Super Weather-strip Adhesive is best for gluing rubber to metal.