Are you looking for the best metal glue? If the answer is yes, then, you have come to the right place. Glueing metal to metal or metal to wood can be a frustrating experience if you don’t have the right glue to get the job done. There are over a hundred types of metal glue out there; this makes making a choice difficult. Don’t worry! We are here to make it easy for you. Reading this article will help you with the ideal metal glue to enhance your job. Read on as we review the 10 best metal types of glue for a professional and clean job.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 1. JB-Weld 8276 KwikWeld Quick Setting Steel Reinforced Epoxy
- 0.2 2.Elmer’s E-7502 4-OunceAdvanced Multi-surface Bond
- 0.3 3. Beacon Glass Metal & More
- 0.4 4. Aleene’s Jewelry & Metal Glue
- 0.5 5. Loctite Super Glue Liquid
- 0.6 6. J-B Weld 8280 Original Steel Reinforced Epoxy
- 0.7 7. Technicqll Clear Epoxy Adhesive Glue
- 0.8 8. Permatex84209 Permapoxy Multi-Metal Epoxy
- 0.9 9. Permatex 84109 Permapoxy Multi-Metal Epoxy
- 0.10 10. J-B Weld 8265S Original Cold-Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy
- 1 Buyer’s guide – Metal to metal adhesive tips
- 2 Metal to metal adhesive buyer’s guide
1. JB-Weld 8276 KwikWeld Quick Setting Steel Reinforced Epoxy
JB-Weld 8276 KwikWeld is the right tool for any metal job. This is fast setting metal glue that uses a two-part epoxy cold weld system to deliver fast, strong and long-lasting adhesive to different metal surfaces.
It forms a permanent bond after the application. It can be shaped, filed, sanded and tapped. The glue allows for drilling after curing. Mix it using 1:1 ratio and full curing is in about 4-6 hours.
The J-B KwikWeld cures into a dark grey colour blending well into the colour of the metal. It is capable of withstanding a temperature of up 300 degrees Fahrenheit. The glue is easy to clean.
Easy to use
The epoxy glue is super easy to use. Mix the steel glue with the hardener properly; apply and leave it to dry.
This provides a permanent bond to metal surfaces. It has been rated with a tensile strength of 2424 PSI
The J-B KwikWeld glue is very versatile and dependable. It can be used for automobile, plumbing, craft, marine repairs, joining of wrought iron, etc. Use it on metal, plastic, wood, PVC, ceramic and fibreglass.
Perfect for DIY
This is the perfect glue for Do-It-Yourself projects. Whether you are handling small or big projects, you can count on the adhesive power of J-B KwikWeld 8276 glue.
The glue cures in a dark grey colour giving your project a fine finish.
2.Elmer’s E-7502 4-OunceAdvanced Multi-surface Bond
The Elmer’s E-7502 Bond is a multi-surface glue that is 100% weatherproof. It can be used on different surfaces such as ceramics, glass, wood, metal, concrete, stone, plastic and many more. The glue does not require a wet surface for adhesion.
It is paintable and sandable. Elmer’s Probond Advanced is non-foaming and non-toxic making it safe to use. It is stronger than most glues and dries clear.
The glue creates less mess and cleaning up is pretty easy with soap and water. Setting time is about 8-10 minutes. This is not like other glues that turn powdery after some time.
The glue can be used both indoor and outdoor making it 100% weatherproof.
Easy to clean
Cleaning the glue residue and your hands are very easy with soap and water. It washes off effortlessly
Elmer’s E-7502 Glue can be applied to different surfaces including metal, wood, plastic, ceramics, stone, etc. It is more or less an all-in-one glue.
This glue guarantees top performance. The bond is extremely strong to give you the perfect bond that is required for a professional project
Ideal for DIY
For Do-it-yourself people, this glue proves to be handy for some in-house repairs that need to be done urgently.
• Non-foamy glue
• Solid and strong adhesion
• 20-30 minutes of clamp time
• Non-toxic and safe
• Mild odour
• It bonds in 24 hours
3. Beacon Glass Metal & More
The Glass, Metal & More Glue is ideal for the making of pieces of jewelry, home DIY projects and outdoor projects.
It has a permanent bond on glass, metal, jewelry, mesh, plastic, mosaic tiles, etc. This is waterproof, weatherproof, very strong, and flexible.
The drying is clear. Use it indoors or outdoors to your pleasure. Easily thin it with acetone and the curing time is one hour.
If you are looking for the best glue for glass to metal bondings, look no further than the Metal, Glass & More Glue. This is fast grabbing glue that remains very pliable even after curing.
• Permanent glue – This is strong glue that provides a permanent bond to different surfaces.
• Versatile –The versatility of the glue makes it suitable for a myriad of purposes. It can be used for metal, plastic, glass, mosaic, etc.
• Weather-resistant – It is perfect for outdoor applications because it can resist the elements. The glue can stand against harsh weather anytime, any day.
• UV resistant
• Water and weatherproof
• A strong and long-lasting bond
• Dries clear
• Perfect for outdoor applications
• It has a strong odour. Ensure it is used in a well-ventilated area.
4. Aleene’s Jewelry & Metal Glue
Many times, when it gets broken, that becomes the end of it. With the Aleene’s Jewelry & Metal Glue, you can use your jewelry for as long as you want.
This is a permanent solution to the easy repair of pieces of jewelry. It fixes broken jewelry quickly and permanently.
The glue does not only work on jewelry alone, but it also works on porous and semi-porous such as stones, metals, gems and other materials. Aleene’s Jewelry & Metal Glue is a gel adhesive that does not run when applied and it dries clear.
• Versatile – This is versatile glue that can be used across different projects. It can be used with glass material, semi-precious stones and gems, ceramics, mirrors, rubber, plastic, wires, etc.
• Strong and permanent – The glue provides a permanent bond to your jewelry repairs making the fix long-lasting and durable.
• Waterproof – It is waterproof but not water-resistant. Don’t drop the jewelry into the water but it can withstand splashes of water like rain.
• Easy to use
• Dries clear and fast
• No drip; no run
• Quick and instant bonding
• Great for jewelry
• Curing time is 24 hours
• Strong smell. Use in a well-ventilated place.
5. Loctite Super Glue Liquid
The Loctite 10-gram superglue liquid is an all-purpose glue suited for a variety of purposes such as the bonding of leather, rubber, paper, ceramic, wood and most plastics. It is super easy to use. Loctite Glue comes with a precision tip that allows for easy application without the dripping of the glue. Made with an easy-to-open cap and a metal pin that easily cleans and seals the nozzle ensuring there is a clog-free performance at all times. The long nozzle helps to make the glueing of hard-to-reach surfaces very convenient and easy. With a finger-friendly bottle, you can be sure that your fingers will be glue-free after each application. This glue dries clear and sets without the need for clamping. The glue is moisture-resistant and can withstand freezing temperatures. There are 6 superglues in a pack.
• Strong bond – Enjoy ultimate speed and strength with the Loctite Super Glue. This glue holds fast and strong. The low viscosity of the glue makes it ideal for the smooth bonding of close-fitting surfaces.
• Multipurpose use –The Loctite Super Glue can serve multiple purposes. It can bond different surfaces like metal, fabric, paper, cork, wood, chipboard, rubber, cardboard and some hard plastics.
• Easy to apply –The longneck applicator has a precision tip that allows for the easy dispensing of the glue even in difficult areas without wastages. It has a cap that is self-piercing and can be easily screwed to the tip of the bottle
• Ideal for DIY home repairs –The glue is appropriate for the repairs of toys, figurines, jewelry, wiper blades, metal car parts, rubber seals, etc.
• No clamping is required
• Dries clear and colourless
• Sets in a matter of seconds
• Pinpoint nozzle for good performance
• The nozzle provides precise application
• Glue stuck to the fingers cannot be washed with water. Nail polish remover is needed.
6. J-B Weld 8280 Original Steel Reinforced Epoxy
When strength matters, the J-B Weld 8280 is what you need for that permanent and long-lasting bond. Its two-part epoxy system provides solid repairs to your projects whether small or large.
Using a mix ratio of 1:1, the glue forms a strong bond that can easily be shaped, filed, drilled, and sanded after curing. It cures into a dark grey colour and setting is in about 4-6 hours at a room temperature level.
The glue cures in full after 15-24 hours. With a tensile strength of 3960 PSI, the J-B Weld 8280 Epoxy sets into an extremely hard bond that is harder than steel. When fully cured, the glue can withstand a temperature of up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is versatile glue that can be used on automotive, brick, concrete, metal, plumbing, crafts, house repairs and many more. The glue can work on multiple surfaces. It is easy to use. Just prepare, mix, apply and wait for it to dry.
• Permanent bond – A permanent and strong bond is what you get after the glue has cured. Without any doubts, the J-B Weld 8280 Glue is one of the strongest bonds in the world.
• Tough – It is made tough to withstand extreme weather conditions up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit making it a superb glue perfect for both indoor and outdoor usage.
• Versatile – The J-B Weld 8280 is very versatile and can work well on different surfaces. It is great for concrete, fibreglass, metal, automotive and many more.
• Dependable – It is highly dependable glue. After curing, what you have is a strong bond. The glue sets overnight with a 3960 PSI tensile strength.
• Ease of use –Just mix the glue with a 1:1 ratio to have the strongest bond ever.
• Dark grey colour after curing
• Strong against the weather
• Reliable and dependable
• Great performance
• It cannot be used underwater
7. Technicqll Clear Epoxy Adhesive Glue
The two-component Technicqll Glue is a colourless and fast curing epoxy adhesive glue ideal for different materials such glass, plastic, ceramics, porcelain, concrete, marble, metal, rubber and wood.
This glue provides a permanent bond on a combination of surfaces.
It is reliable, dependable and reliable. The glue is completely waterproof after drying.
When you think of heat resistance, the Technicqll Glue is heat-resistant up to 80 degrees Celsius.
This is clear drying glue.
• Solid bond – With fast drying time, this glue provides permanent bond across different surfaces.
• Multipurpose – The Technicqll Glue is suited for glass, rubber, wood, concrete, porcelain, ceramics, marble, plastic, etc.
• Weather-resistant –Use it inside or outside, the glue can resist tough temperatures. It becomes waterproof after drying.
• Easy to use –The mixing of the A and B solutions must be done in 1:1 ratio to have a powerful bond. An initial cure is about 90 minutes. Full cure is just in a few hours.
• Easy cleaning –The glue can easily be cleaned with water and soap.
• Fast drying time
• Long-lasting bond
• Heat resistant
• Resists low and high temperature
• The surfaces require preparation
8. Permatex84209 Permapoxy Multi-Metal Epoxy
The Permatex Steel Weld Epoxy is multi-metal and easy-to-use glue. It is versatile, reliable and dependable for a variety of metal surfaces..
The two-part epoxy and filler system helps to eliminate the need to weld or braze the metals. It sets in a record time of four minutes without the need for clamping. When it comes to appearance, it is dark grey.
The glue can be filed, sanded, threaded and drilled after curing. There is no shrinking with the Permatex Steel Epoxy and it can be used to fill up gaps too.
It is capable of resisting water and solvents. With 4500 PSI, this glue guarantees permanent and lasting bond. You can count on the Permatex 84209 for multi-surface material bonding that gives you peace of mind. Use it to fill metal cracks, seal welded seams and also mount metal components.
• Multipurpose glue – This is versatile glue for multi-surface and multipurpose use. It can bond different steel materials including aluminium, iron, chrome, copper, stainless steel, brass and steel
• Quick setting –The glue sets in just four minutes without clamping. Fast setting time helps to finish any projects in good time
• Resistant to temperature – It can withstand both low and high temperature of -60 degrees Fahrenheit and 300 degrees Fahrenheit. The glue is resistant to water and solvents when it is dry making it ideal for external and internal uses.
• Sandable and paintable – After the glue has hardened or cured, it can be sanded, painted, filed, drilled and threaded with ease.
• Eliminates welding or brazing – Using this two-part epoxy adhesive and filler system eliminates the need for welding or brazing thereby helping you to reduce manual labour.
• Dries in dark grey colour
• 4500 PSI of permanent strength
• 24 hours curing time
• Perfect for metal materials
• Easy to use
• It does not dry clear
9. Permatex 84109 Permapoxy Multi-Metal Epoxy
The Permatex Steel Weld 84109 epoxy is a high performance two-part, permanent bond and metal-filled epoxy system that cures without clamping.
This glue can be sanded, painted, drilled, threaded, machined and filed once the glue is hardened.
It is capable of repairing, filling and bonding most metal surfaces. The Permatex84109 is resistant to most liquids such as water, oils, fuel and solvents. Welding and brazing are not required with the use of this glue.
With a tensile strength of 4500 PSI, the glue is bound to give a strong and long-lasting bond. It can be used to fill up metal cracks, seal welded seams and also mount metal components.
• Temperature-resistant –The glue can resist the high and low temperature of -60 degrees Fahrenheit and 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Versatile – This glue is highly versatile and easy to use. It works well on multi-metal surfaces such as aluminium, copper, brass, chrome, steel, stainless steel and iron.
• Fast setting – With four minutes setting time and 24 hours cure time, the glue allows you to get the job done in no time at all.
• Paintable and sandable – After curing, the glue can be filed, sanded, painted, drilled and threaded.
• Resistant to liquids – Water, oil, fuels and solvents are some of the liquids the Permatex 84109 can resist. This makes it a hassle-free glue for any metalwork.
• Cures in dark grey colour
• Water and solvents-resistant
• No shrinking
• High temperature-resistant
• The glue does not bond polyethylene and polypropylene plastics
10. J-B Weld 8265S Original Cold-Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy
If you want a permanent bond that eliminates welding, soldering and brazing, the J-B Weld 8265S Steel Reinforced Epoxy is your best choice. It sets in 4-6 hours and cures in 24 hours. Once the glue is hardened, it becomes easy to sand, file, paint, shape and drill. The glue is waterproof.
It is resistant to petroleum, chemicals and acid. This glue is extremely strong and non-toxic. It can withstand a temperature of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
The J-B Weld 8265S glue dries to a dark grey colour. With a 3960 tensile strength, a hard and unbreakable bond is what you get in the end. To have a permanent bond, you need to mix in 1:1 ratio. This glue is great for household repairs, automotive, marine, plumbing, craft, etc. J-B Weld 8265S Reinforced Epoxy is the best glue for metal
• Multipurpose – The glue is useful in multiple ways. It can be used on brick, concrete, metal, fibreglass, etc.
• Strong bond – This is a powerful glue that provides permanent bond across different surfaces. It has a tensile strength of 3960 PSI.
• Temperature resistant –The resistance to low and high temperature makes this product to stand out. It resists a temperature of -60 degrees Fahrenheit and 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
• DIY –The glue is a great companion when it comes to do-it-yourself projects like repairs and the restoration of broken items at home.
• Ease of use – Mix 1:1 ratio of the two-part epoxy, apply and wait for it to dry.
Buyer’s guide – Metal to metal adhesive tips
Whether you are working on a bicycle, jewelry or other metal materials, metal adhesives can come to the rescue when trying to bond two metals together. Metal adhesives are inevitable in cases where the soldering of metal pieces is difficult to achieve. For small and delicate projects, metal to metal adhesives come handy. However, glueing metal to metal is not the same as glueing metal to plastic, wood, paper, rubber and other porous materials. Metal to a metal adhesive application is a different ball game altogether. The surface of metals makes it extremely difficult to have a permanent bond. This is why welding or soldering is a viable alternative where glueing is complicated. Read the five tips below to have a stress-free metal to metal glueing.
1. Pick the right adhesive well suited for your projects – For the average do-it-yourself person or hobbyist, the two options you have when it comes to metal adhesives is to choose an epoxy adhesive or J-B Weld glue. Epoxy adhesives are better if you are glueing metal to metal surfaces. The other forms of adhesives can be used for jewelry, craft, art and other types of materials.
2. Clean the surface –You can never have a permanent bond if the surface of the metal is dirty, oily or greasy. Before you start to glue a metal material to another, ensure it is thoroughly cleaned.
3. Create some texture –To have a good grip of two metal surfaces, it is important to have textured surfaces. One way to do this is to ensure that you use sandpaper on the surfaces to be glued. Rub the sandpaper on the surfaces until you feel that the surfaces are rough when touched. Textured surfaces help to make a strong and long-lasting bond.
4. Follow instructions to the latter – There are clear instructions written on each label of any glue. Typically, these instructions are about the mixing of the adhesive. While these instructions are not the same for every manufacturer, it makes sense to follow the instructions religiously. Some adhesives have a two-part epoxy system where you have to mix the glue with the hardener to have a permanent bond. Failure to follow instructions will lead to poor results.
5. Apply some pressure – You don’t glue metal to metal like you are glueing paper to paper. Glueing metal to metal requires some pressure to have a permanent bond. This is why clamping is recommended to have a strong bond. Clamping forces the adhesive to get stuck with the metal surfaces. Wait for sometime before removing the clamp. It makes sense to remove the clamp after a day.
Metal to metal adhesive buyer’s guide
The technology for producing metal to metal adhesive has improved over the years. Now, many of the adhesives are so strong that they are capable of eliminating welding, soldering or brazing of two metal surfaces. But your choice of glue will entirely depend on what you want to repair and the durability. Here are what you need to consider before buying metal to the metal adhesive.
1. Bonding time – Metal adhesives bonding time are not the same depending on the manufacturer. So, choosing a glue-based on bonding time will have to depend on your workflow and completion time. If you want your job completed in 24 hours, a glue that cures in 48 hours will not be ideal for you. The best option in this situation is to look for a metal adhesive that cures in 24 hours or less. However, you must be careful not to allow a shorter curing time glue to compromise on the quality of the bond. If the bonding time is shorter, the bonding must still be strong and long-lasting.
2. Environmental challenges – The environment can impact negatively on a metal adhesive. This is why it makes sense to look for a metal adhesive that can withstand low and high temperature. Temperature-resistant adhesives can be used indoors and outdoors. They are waterproof and weatherproof. If your metalwork or repair will be exposed to the element, you must find a glue that can withstand a temperature of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Mechanical or vibrational issues – If the metal surfaces you want to repair must undergo mechanical stress or vibrational forces, then, you must look for metal adhesives that can be machined, sanded, filled and drilled after curing. These types of metal adhesives can withstand different types of mechanical stress and vibrational forces.
4. Liquid resistance – Some metal glues cannot resist liquids such as acid, oil and gasoline. This is capable of affecting the durability and longevity of the bond. Look for a metal adhesive that is resistant to harsh chemicals like acid and other substances. You are good to go once your ideal metal adhesive can resist harmful liquids or chemicals.
5. The number of glues needed – You have to calculate the number of glues needed base on the amount of assembly required. Some metal glues come in small packs of 6 ounces, you have to figure out how many ounces will be enough to complete the project.
6. User-friendliness – How user-friendly is the adhesive? Some metal adhesives are easy to clean off with soap and water while others require the use of chemicals for a thorough clean up. Some are toxic while others are non-toxic. All of these are an important consideration when buying a glue
You cannot go wrong with a metal-to-metal adhesive if you need to do some repairs to metal materials. It is the best way to bond two metal surfaces together without welding or soldering. The surface usually determines the type of glue to use. Our 48 hours of research has helped us to find the best glues for different surfaces. We recommend J-B Weld for metal surface bonding and other adhesives for other surfaces.